Skip to main content

Sexy in Stilettos - Nana Malone

The stakes are as high as her stilettos.

I read this author yesterday for the first time and I am already in love with her. She is quirky, witty and intelligent. One of the few authors who has some imagination left. Her stories are not old-school, boring types. They match our current outlook and mindset.
This is a story of Jaya and Alec. They have a few disagreements, keep a few secrets, fight a little, normal stuff. What is different is the heroine. She is a modern woman, not a damsel -in - distress. She is in distress, but she doesn't need anyone to save her. She has a plan and she is going to make it big. She works hard, is career oriented and even when her own family kicks her out, she fights to get back on her feet. She doubts herself and is nervous but that is normal. I couldn't help falling in love with her. She is an inspiration. She is a strong woman and they too are allowed days of self wallowing with a tub of cookies&cream.

The thing with relationships is not that one person keeps saving the other. It is about equality. They should grow together  and give strength to each other to become better. A girl does not need saving. She can make it on her own. She is sufficient.

I liked this book and I am going to give it a 7/10. It is a must read. It's interracial and that is how it is in today's world. We don't discriminate. And we shouldn't. I liked/loved it. Finished it in one go, couldn't stop. Can't wait to read other books by Nana. Plus point is there is no bitchy ex around. Phew!

So long guys..
Xoxo

PS. It is available for free for Kindle. Don't miss it. And try Game, Set Match too. Same author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pain

What nobody told us  it never gets better it only gets older sometimes duller.  It stays with you like that ache that you are used to one that doesn't hurt anymore just exists. One fine day you woke up  not the same, an ache where there was none now a part of you follows you where you go grows as you grow older.

Reader

As the title says. I am a reader. I average  on mostly 1 book a day, sometimes even more. It's a hobby or you  can even call it an obsession. I need to read, I have to. When I have nothing else to do, guess what I do? Obviously read. It is like I crave stories, I crave an escape. I want to know, I want to feel, be something I never will. In reading I thrive. In books I live. These words are like food for my soul. And most importantly i read everything. Anything i can get my hands on. I love fiction- Jeffrey Archer being my favourite, John Grisham not too far behind and Suzanne Collins is always there. But recently I have been reading a lot of Romance and seems like I have fallen in love. With  the genre, not literally. So that being said, I feel it's  only fitting that I atleast review the books I have read and share my views with others. Happy reading everyone. Xoxo

Man VS Pants

Here I am, sitting with my lappy, sipping on cold coffee and typing away. I would like to think I am just like anybody else but with all that goes around in my life, I have learnt to be prepared for the worst. Murphy's Law is basically me. Yesterday, I had an interview at a University. Like all hardworking students, I left everything for the last day. Scrambling to put my portfolio together, I paid no heed to my clothes. It's not like I had to put a lot of effort into my attire anyway. Interview requires formals and since I have just one pair of formal clothes, the indecision goes right out of the window. To give some context on why a working professional does not own a lot of formals is because my company (one of the kindergarden companies, also known as startups) does not require formals. Our dress code is casual. They are lucky I don't go to office in sweatpants. Now that would be casual! I own one pair of black pants, one shirt and one formal coat. Sorted? Not so ...