Skip to main content

Documenting My ISB Journey #Week2

Most of the time we lose perspective, or at least that's my perspective. Call it recency bias or something else, I am sure towards the year end what I would be feeling would be a lot different thn where I am now. So, here I am, documenting my ISB journey that has already begun at home. 

MBA online? 
- I did not sign up for this. 
Is it any good?
- Absolutely not. 

Let's not kid ourselves into thinking that just because it is online and we are home, the task is easier for us. It clearly isn't. Imagine logging onto zoom 24 hours a day. Imagine your interaction being limited to zoom calls. Imagine a 16 hour screen time. (My laptop is new but I swear to god I feel like throwing it atleast 3 times a day!)

We have one class a day, and if you think about it, that isn't too bad. But add to that 3 pre-reads, 2 pre-class videos, a quiz, 2 assignments and exams every 2 weeks. Effectively you get a weekend after every 12 days. 

I have one word - Draining. 

Moving on, I am also a part of the elite group of idiots who decided to run for the GSB council. 
What is the GSB?
- Graduate Student Body

Basically, remember the Head Girl/Boy thing in school, this is exactly that, just more refined. We are Presidents and Directors now. Oh no, we aren't their yet. There are proper elections, campaigning, manifesto, soapbox, you name it and we do it. 

What we haven't been doing though, is studying. Voting is exactly 24 hours after an exam. I know atleast 20 people who will be messing up their first mid term. My only question is - why?
Why couldn't the timing be better?
Why did we get the short end of the stick?
Also why did I decide to run?
What was I thinking?!
Who is going to study?

I had my soapbox today and I am so drained. I do not know what to do. Add to that, I have a quiz to attempt by 3am tonight and an assignment due on Saturday. I also have an exam on Saturday. And Sunday. 

Is this what an MBA is? I am in for a wild ride. I wish I was better prepared. 

ISB Week #2 

So long. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pain

What nobody told us  it never gets better it only gets older sometimes duller.  It stays with you like that ache that you are used to one that doesn't hurt anymore just exists. One fine day you woke up  not the same, an ache where there was none now a part of you follows you where you go grows as you grow older.

Reader

As the title says. I am a reader. I average  on mostly 1 book a day, sometimes even more. It's a hobby or you  can even call it an obsession. I need to read, I have to. When I have nothing else to do, guess what I do? Obviously read. It is like I crave stories, I crave an escape. I want to know, I want to feel, be something I never will. In reading I thrive. In books I live. These words are like food for my soul. And most importantly i read everything. Anything i can get my hands on. I love fiction- Jeffrey Archer being my favourite, John Grisham not too far behind and Suzanne Collins is always there. But recently I have been reading a lot of Romance and seems like I have fallen in love. With  the genre, not literally. So that being said, I feel it's  only fitting that I atleast review the books I have read and share my views with others. Happy reading everyone. Xoxo

Are We Better Than This?

Children near trashcans jumping in joy, You see them playing, Do you see the hunger in their eyes? A woman on the street Walking fast at night, Was she out partying or working How is either of the two an invite? There is fear in every corner Suppression in shadows Filth on the road, Careless storms behind closed doors. Not for you though, You only saw what you wanted to see - The world as it should be. - PS