Skip to main content

Poem: It's a Feeling



What was that feeling
I felt when I was young,
That moment I returned from school
Eating food watching cartoons?

What was that I felt
the first day of summer vacations;
Planning the endless long days
filled with friends and games?

Even though it's long gone, 
Traces still linger...
They surfaced when I got my acceptance
and when I put in my resignation.

If I had to tell you what I felt,
I could sum it up in a word.
The word is joy
and the feeling is surreal. 


About this poem:

I got my acceptance to b-school. This is somewhat a throwback to November'19 when I finally got the news. It was this feeling, like being on the top of the world, like nothing could bring me down. That feeling, that moment, that's is what I want to hold on to. I think in the past few years, joy became something unapproachable. That childlike feeling on a summer day with rasna and Maggi, happiness became something to plan and work towards. I could chase joy, but I don't think you can chase a feeling built on moments. At this point, I may as well be blabbering. 5am thoughts of insomniacs. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pain

What nobody told us  it never gets better it only gets older sometimes duller.  It stays with you like that ache that you are used to one that doesn't hurt anymore just exists. One fine day you woke up  not the same, an ache where there was none now a part of you follows you where you go grows as you grow older.

Reader

As the title says. I am a reader. I average  on mostly 1 book a day, sometimes even more. It's a hobby or you  can even call it an obsession. I need to read, I have to. When I have nothing else to do, guess what I do? Obviously read. It is like I crave stories, I crave an escape. I want to know, I want to feel, be something I never will. In reading I thrive. In books I live. These words are like food for my soul. And most importantly i read everything. Anything i can get my hands on. I love fiction- Jeffrey Archer being my favourite, John Grisham not too far behind and Suzanne Collins is always there. But recently I have been reading a lot of Romance and seems like I have fallen in love. With  the genre, not literally. So that being said, I feel it's  only fitting that I atleast review the books I have read and share my views with others. Happy reading everyone. Xoxo

Man VS Pants

Here I am, sitting with my lappy, sipping on cold coffee and typing away. I would like to think I am just like anybody else but with all that goes around in my life, I have learnt to be prepared for the worst. Murphy's Law is basically me. Yesterday, I had an interview at a University. Like all hardworking students, I left everything for the last day. Scrambling to put my portfolio together, I paid no heed to my clothes. It's not like I had to put a lot of effort into my attire anyway. Interview requires formals and since I have just one pair of formal clothes, the indecision goes right out of the window. To give some context on why a working professional does not own a lot of formals is because my company (one of the kindergarden companies, also known as startups) does not require formals. Our dress code is casual. They are lucky I don't go to office in sweatpants. Now that would be casual! I own one pair of black pants, one shirt and one formal coat. Sorted? Not so ...